What is virtualization?
Virtualization is a proven software technology that makes it possible to run multiple operating systems and applications on the same server at the same time. It's transforming the IT landscape and fundamentally changing the way that people utilize technology.
For small businesses with too many underutilized servers or escalating IT costs, virtualization offers relief by fundamentally changing the way IT resources are managed and deployed. Virtualization provides unmatched flexibility, performance, and utilization by allowing you to move server workloads from one virtual workspace to the next, maximizing server resources on the fly based on your business needs.
How virtualization can help your company
- Virtualization include fast provisioning and dynamic load balancing - for improved application performance.
- Simplified disaster recovery - virtualization's single-system image makes recovery painless.
- Increase Business Continuity - live migration of virtual servers between physical server hosts without having to power them down. Business can migrate legacy applications to virtual machines to maximize the benefits of next generation hardware.
- Reduced energy needs - fewer servers means lower electricity and cooling bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Consolidated servers with optimized workloads - increase utilization to accomplish more with fewer servers.
- Longer hardware refresh cycles
- Ability to use thin clients
- More efficient IT infrastructure
- Reduced operating costs
- Enables move to the cloud
- Instant offsite access to files and applications
- Less time spent providing desk side support
- More efficient deployment of hardware and software installation and upgrades
- Increased Security